If you're always late to stuff, try rounding up how long you think it'll take to get there. Like if your GPS says it'll take 14 minutes, assume it'll take 20. And learn to be okay with waiting. People who are never late tend to spend a lot of time sitting in their car after they park. Then you get to waste time on your phone guilt-free.
If you're always late to stuff, here are five strategies that can help . . .
1. When you estimate how long it'll take to get somewhere, always round up to the nearest 10. Like instead of saying, "It'll take 14 minutes to get there," assume 20 minutes. Then you have a little wiggle room.
2. Learn to be okay with waiting. People who are never late to stuff tend to spend a lot of time waiting in their car. Once you're parked, you can read, listen to the radio, or waste time on your phone. And you've got nothing else to do, so it's guilt-free.
3. Buy a wall clock. And put it somewhere you can see it while you're getting ready. Or start wearing a watch. The point is it's too easy to lose track of time if your only clock is the one on your phone.
4. Time yourself. Like if you're always late for work, maybe you're just not giving yourself enough time in the morning. Try using the stopwatch on your phone tomorrow to see how long it really takes to get ready. Then adjust your routine if you need to.
5. Stop making excuses, like you're just "really busy." If you're ALWAYS late, it's not because you're too busy. It's because being on time isn't truly a priority for you. And once you make it a priority, you'll be on time more often than not.
Read more from Buzzfeed .