The City of Toledo’s historic Ottawa Park Ice Rink will open for the season at 5 p.m., Friday, Jan. 15.
“If you are looking for a healthy, outdoor activity this winter, you need to go no further than the corner of West Bancroft Street and Parkside Boulevard in Toledo to enjoy ice skating at its best,” said Toledo Parks, Recreation, and Forestry Commissioner Karen Ranney Wolkins. “In its 52nd season of operation, the Ottawa Park Ice Rink has made adjustments to make your experience as safe as possible.”
Visit toledo.oh.gov/icerink for information.
A maximum of 35 skaters will be allowed admission during open skate times due to COVID-19 guidelines. The open skate sessions last 90 minutes to 2 hours, as follows:
- Monday sessions are 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Tuesday sessions are 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. and 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Wednesday sessions are 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Thursday sessions are 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. and 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. There is also drop-in hockey from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Friday sessions are 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Saturday sessions are 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. for drop-in hockey, and 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., and 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. for open skate.\
- Sunday sessions are 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m., 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., and 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Session times are subject to change. Check the schedule attoledo.oh.gov/icerinkor call 419-936-2997. For information on facility rental opportunities, please call Dawn Cousino at 419-936-2700.
Admission is $4 and skate rental is $2. Senior admission is $2.50. Children under 3 skate free. An individual season pass costs $28. Seniors pay $16 for a season pass. A family season pass is $95.
All visitors must have their temperatures taken upon entry. Any one with a fever above 100 degrees will be denied entry. Masks must be worn at all times, indoors and out. Masks can be removed when sitting and eating. Visitors will be asked to leave at the end of their session in order for staff to clean and sanitize between sessions. If a visitor is signed up for a following session, he or she must wait outside.